There is nothing enjoyable about dealing with toothaches and sensitivity. Isn’t it time to seek professional treatment? These symptoms are most often associated with severe decay or damage, leading to infections that have advanced into the interior portion of your tooth. Once the issue has advanced to this stage, treatment will require a root canal.
Often, people associate root canals with being painfully invasive procedures that should be avoided at all costs; fortunately, this is not the case.
Today’s modern technology and the use of anesthetics have transformed the procedure to one that does not cause pain but rather eliminates it as damaged tissues are removed. To learn more about the process, please read below! Any questions can be addressed by calling our Kinston, NC office or meeting with us during your scheduled appointment.
Root Canal Therapy
Root canal therapy is a procedure performed under the comfort of a local anesthetic, ensuring that you feel no pain during the process. Once you are comfortable, we will begin the procedure.
- First, we take care in removing any area of decay found on your tooth.
- Next, we will begin removing the inflamed tissues and nerves from within the tooth’s interior.
- The inside of the tooth will be thoroughly cleaned and filled with a biocompatible material (gutta percha).
- The opening in the tooth will be sealed closed, and a dental crown will be cemented over the top to restore function and appearance to the tooth.
By completing the procedure, you should feel immediate relief from the pain caused by the tooth infection. Kept well maintained by regular brushing and flossing, your new crown may last up to 15 years!
Signs of a Tooth Infection
- Sharp, throbbing tooth pain
- Fever or feeling of malaise
- Facial swelling
- Darkened, discolored tooth
Getting to the Root of the Problem
Experiencing tooth pain is one of the worst feelings in the world, but our team of dental experts is here to help you! When you visit our practice, you will be treated with gentle care and compassion, making the process much easier while you are going through this difficult time. You and your entire family can benefit from the care we provide! We will meticulously work to diagnose the issue, determine the cause, and provide the appropriate solution to help you.
To learn more about our root canal procedure, call today! If you believe you may be suffering from a tooth infection, schedule an appointment by contacting our team or booking a visit online! We will be happy to serve you.